I am back
Believe it or not, despite my very lengthy departure, I am back. Two kids and a new house later : ) With two it is hard to keep up and I am a bit old fashioned and like the romantic idea of writing in a journal for my girls to read when they are moms. Reading a printed out copy of a blog just does not have the same feeling. But that being said, I can't post pictures in a journal. When Doug was in Iraq, I did both - a journal and a blog. Those of you reading this and noting that I have not posted a new posting in over 6 months may think - ya right. It may be true - but worth a shot.
So what have we been up to the last 6 months? We had another beautiful baby girl! Emmeline Mae Gardner was born on May 10, 2007 and weighed 6.7 (identical weight of her older sister) by C-section. Addie was more unsure about me being hooked up to an IV than of the new little baby I had in my arms. It really only took about two weeks and Addie did not know a life without her sister. Writing this, I actually feel terrible that I did not keep up with a journal or the blog during Emmie's first few months. But I am here now. She is a wonderful baby. She even was sweet enough to start sleeping through the night the day before I went back to work and has slept every night since!
Addie is a wonderful big sister and growing up way too fast. She turned two this summer and is all over the place. She is always trying to calm Emmie down if she is crying or telling her "That's a good smile Emmie." Tonight for the first time, Emmie really interacted with her. Addie started laughing and Emmie thought it was hysterical. Addie would run into her room and come back to Emmie and Emmie would just crack up. She never has really laughed like that - we caught the tail end of it on tape.
Hmmm- what else? Just after we had Emmie, we had contractors in our house finishing up our remodel, then it went on the market, then we moved, then we unpacked (sort of), then I went back to work two months ago, and now I am starting to breathe just a bit again. When did life get so busy? When will it ever slow down? We are really trying to slow down but it is a challenge. For now, we will do what we can do and I will update you all more than I have been! I'll post some pics over the last few months to catch up. I am cheating and back dating them to May 9th : )

<< Home