House Progression
Since the last photos I posted, there actually has been quite a bit of work on the house, but you can't really appreciate how long most of it has taken until you spend 5 hours doing something that you thought was going to take 30 minutes. I did manage to pick out light fixtures from 4 different shops within 5 hours (with the assistance of my mom). If you know how many stores I usually go to in order to pick out something and how many times I go back to those stores over several months, you would be impressed. I have included a few photos of some of the fixtures.
The trim is also going up and looks amazing - unfortunately, I now have to paint it - blah. My in-laws kindly came down and helped paint some of it before it was hung. I decided that while I was ever so grateful that they spent their weekend spraying crown molding, but it was too much for the three of us to do. So up it went – ¾ of it unpainted. Then I was given a bid this week to paint all of it. Why didn't I paint it before it went up??
The cabinets are also in and they are being painted this week. Actually the painter has painted them but he is a bit messy with his overspray and now has to repaint all of the walls. Glad I hired that one out!
I have made an oath to myself to work on the house on the weekends until May and then I really need to start thinking about the poor baby who is going to be sleeping with the dogs unless I get a room ready. And after spending 8 hours on the house yesterday and coming home with swollen feet, the end of May can't come soon enough! Yes - swollen feet at 24 weeks!! Fortunately, they felt better today but July in Austin ain't gonna be fun.
Onto the landscaping 

Fixtures going in... 

That is one pretty kitchen - smelled like lard used for the tortillas 

Kitchen coming along 

Master Bedroom (this came before the picture below with the toilet sitting in mid room) 

Master Bedroom with trim going up 

<< Home