Wednesday, February 01, 2006

6 months & Life Changes

It is hard to believe that my baby is over 6 months old already. She is getting to be so big and independent. She has started sitting up on her own and holds her own bottle. She had started to roll over at Christmas but she does not seem all that interested in rolling over anymore. I have to say she makes me sappy beyond belief. I love playing with her in bed in the mornings and her sweet smell. I love how she still holds my hand. I love how she now likes to grab my face and pull my hair. I love her smile and laugh. I love how she feels when I hold her. I love the way she licks water out my glass because she does not know how to drink it. I love how she dances with her daddy who makes her do hammer time. I love how she rolls over to her side and grabs the bumper of her crib bedding every night when I put her down. And to think that there was a time that I did not want to have kids.

Priorities certainly change and Doug and I have been trying to simplify a bit. We sold the Round Rock house - yeah!! That was a huge weight off our shoulders. And some of you may know that I have owned a children's franchise (Gymboree) for the past two years. I was an investment and a hope of a way for me to work from home full time. Unfortunately, although the business has done great it has not done well enough for me to be able to work from home. All of the work I used to put into the business was done after my full time work and now that is precious time with Addie. So I decided to sell the business with mixed feelings. The new owner took over today. Happy to have that large amount of extra time back but sad that it did not work out exactly how I wanted. Something tells me I'll find a new project after life settles down a bit. In the meantime, I'll smother Addie with my sappiness.