Happy Birthday Addie - Celebration of Life
My girl turned one a week ago today. I was going to write sooner but due to mixed feelings about the day and a crazy week, here I am. A former co-worker of mine passed away on Addie's birthday and I was conflicted on how to write in the blog about the celebration of her life on such a sad day. And then I thought today that the two events were really intertwined. The birth and death really both serve as a celebration of life.
Jeff Wilson passed away on July 10, 2006 after being hit by a drunk driver on July 3, 2006. He managed to stay alive in a coma for a week but his body just could not pull out of it. I worked with Jeff at the County Attorney's office and he was a prosecutor until recently leaving to work for a defense firm - often with cases alcohol related. I knew Jeff but not as well as I wish I had - but I knew him well enough to know his zest for life and that he lived a full life. He was always happy, full of energy, and lived life to the fullest. In his short 32 years of life, he lived it to its fullest. He also had a blog site and strangely, on June 6, 2006, he wrote the following about the death of a musician:
"You only get one shot at this life. don't waste it, it could be gone any day. travel. blow some money. go see some music. make some music. kiss someone on the mouth (preferably someone who won't sue you). read a book. write a book. whatever. just don't take it for granted. no one lies on their death bed wishing they had spent more time at the office."
His death had an impact on so many people I think because they or at least I looked at his life as being lived as though it was his last day. It had made me look at my life and contemplate what I would change. And then I think of Addie and think how blessed Doug and I are to have such a wonderful, beautiful, happy girl who makes our lives complete. She has changed our lives all for the better.
Happy birthday baby girl

<< Home