Thursday, August 18, 2005

Hodge Podge

Once again, it is time for a Hodge Podge report. Talked to Doug day before yesterday and all is well. I had emailed him telling me that Addie was his child, as she is now refusing to sleep. It may have something to do with the fact that she took my "don't grow until your daddy gets home" a bit too seriously. I took her to the doc yesterday worried that she looked the same as she did two weeks ago and sure enough she only budged an once - the wrong way at that. She has every woman's dream - as she eats she burns so many calories that she is loosing weight. So we are diligently working on plumping her up. She had her first nap today in her crib which she only cried the first 10 minutes in! And I seriously believe she had her first smile today! There were a few smiles one after the other - and no there were no diapers to be changes afterwards - it was a genuine smile. Of course I spent the rest of the day trying to make her smile again so I could take a picture and have proof but it did not work.

On Monday of this week, we mailed our last package to Doug which was very exciting. I finally sent off the video my mom took from her birth and a "day in the life of" video we had done. The "birth" video jumps from me walking into the hospital to Addie being born - so Doug is going to think it was a walk in the park.

Doug is ready to come home and the time is passing quickly. I think his guys are getting anxious as well. From what I hear from family and friends, he is going to get a rush of last packages before they head out. My sister and her company sent out 18 (don't know if I should but that down seeing as how last time I did that I made the US Attorney's Office feel inadequate - though they shouldn't - the smarties go a long way). One of her coworkers kid's class all drew pictures for the Marines. Some pretty funny depending on your sense of humor.

Oops - she's up now - gotta run and try for another picture : )