Almost Home
I think I mentioned that I have started to dream that Doug is already home. Well, I woke up this morning mad at him. In my dream, Doug had come home and decided that it was a bit too loud at home so he was leaving again. Hmmpf.
I talked to him today though and he smoothed things out. Next Sunday will likely be the last day I talk to him at the Dam!! He has finished his medical, packed most of his bags, and only has a few patrols left. He'll probably have another short trip to Hit. The guys taking their place have arrived and are starting to learn the ropes. I don't envy those families who are just starting this or having to go through it a second or third time.
Iraq has been quiet with the exception of UT beating Ohio which caused quite an uproar at the Dam - most of the guys being from Ohio. They were able to get satellite just before the game. I think the crew is ready to come as am I.....

<< Home