Thursday, January 31, 2008

Funny Story

Ever since Addie became potty trained, she has become a bear about going to bed at night, getting up in the middle of the night, etc. She will often wake up, come down stairs, wait until she gets right by our bed and start crying so loudly that it is a wonder that Doug and I don't pee in the bed. One of us jumps up quickly and brings her to bed. Her bed, mind you, has 3 big blankets, Angelina the ballerina, Angelina's puppy, a blanket for Angelina and her puppy, 2-3 pacifiers, a cup with water, an elephant, Flopsy the bunny, and sometimes 2-3 books and a purse (that holds Cassie the other puppy). So it is no wonder why she wakes up in the middle of the night. Oh and sometimes Addie wears PJs to bed or like yesterday at nap time she wore her rain coat and rain boots despite the fact that it was not raining. Needless to say, the girl likes a lot of things and she likes to have them with her all of the time. Her bed time ritual also consists of her insisting that Doug and I sleep either on the floor or curled up in the glider chain in her room. We decided after I realized why my back was hurting that we needed to put a stop to that so that combined with her having to potty in the middle of the night and having too much crap in her bed causes us all not to get a very good night sleep.

Anyways, I digress. Last night, we put her to bed and I was able to get out of her room without a "mommy, sleep in the chair" or "mommy, lay next to me on the floor" - so far so good, right? About an hour later I hear a thud and look at the stairs - but no Addie. Maybe she crawled back in bed? Then I hear movement again and realized Doug is upstairs so maybe he is moving something around or putting Addie back in her bed. Then Doug comes downstairs. Apparently, when he went up to see what Addie was up to (I guess he heard the thud too) he found her - she had taken off her jamies, stripped down to her panties and was standing in her closet looking for a dress to put on. Where did this girl come from? I wish I had a picture to go with the story but I am sure there will be another funky incident like this one in our future.