Belated Posts.....
OK - so it has been two weeks since my last post. Needless to say between work, baby, house remodel, gymboree, etc. life has been a little crazy. Don't think I have been home before 10 in the past week - but was able to skate out of work early today. Not to say nothing has been going on so be sure to read below as there are a few new posts below that I am posting today but dating on the days I meant to post them - if that makes sense.
This past weekend was a full weekend at the Round Rock house. And I could not have done it without my wonderful brother-in-law Karl(aka second husband)& family. Karl has an extraordinary green thumb and with the help of him, my brother, his friends, my pops, and my sister (for loaning me her husband), we were able to get a good start on the landscaping on the casa. We planted 6 trees and prepped and planted the beds all around the house. It really is looking like it could almost possibly be ready to move in. I took pics but since Doug has the digital and I have the 35 mm, it may take another week until I get those developed. Will definitely post them as soon as I get them.
While at the house, I was able to get my weekly call from Doug yesterday - but did not get my weekly fix. He called earlier than usual and I was hopeful that it meant he was going to go to bed early (he is 9 hours ahead). He was in the middle of a sandstorm and so after about 3 sentences, we were cut off. Hopefully, I'll get to talk to him later this week. So I sent him a sappy email last night instead.
I shared a few stories with him from the week that I thought I would share on the blog. It never ceases to amaze me how even the little guys miss and think about Doug.
Apparently, my niece (age 3) and nephew (age 5) have noticed Doug's absence. We celebrated my brother's 25th birthday this past weekend and my sister came in town from Beaumont with her two. Earlier in the evening, Parker wanted to know when Uncle Doug was going to be back because "he is fun" and Payton wanted to know when Uncle Doug was going to get to the party.
Earlier in the week, a friend of mine at work, Erika, brought her little boy, Andrew (2 years old), up to the office. I missed it, but apparently he knelt down at one point with his hands clasped. When someone asked him what he was doing, Erika said that he was saying his prayers. Andrew was asked what he prayed for and although I might miss someone in the list, he said "mommy, all of the children in the world, and Doug Gardner."
Don't think I can sign off on any better note....

<< Home