Saturday, June 04, 2005

32 Week Belly Shot

I reckon I should have prefaced this with some sort of warning - as it is a bit revealing.....

Hard to believe what a difference 8 weeks makes, but here it is. I knew I had gotten bigger but did not realize how much until I looked at my 24 week pic. Yikes! The kiddo is doing great. Despite the apparent growth spurt, he or she is right on track in size, so I am told. He (I still think it is a he and can't call the baby "it") is supposed to be about 18-19" long and close to 4 lbs. He really enjoys pressing his butt or his head out to one side so that my belly constantly looks lop-sided. I can't really distinguish what is an elbow, foot, or hand, but can tell when I am being poked with one of them. It is very entertaining to press on the unknown body part to see if I can move it or if he will press back. I will be amazed if Nugget isn't born with bruises at the rate I am poking at him.

I had my first contractions a few nights ago which I am told is normal but I still worry. Nugget and I have a deal that he is to stay in as long as possible so long as he does not go over 8.5 lbs. I figure the longer he stays in, the less Doug misses out on. We'll see if I still agree to this deal in a month.....


32 week belly  Posted by Hello