Sunday, June 12, 2005

Minor Change to Change in Address

I thought "APO" did not sound right when I put Doug's new address in and after talking to him today, he said that was a typo - his address should still be to an "FPO"

Mail to:
Major Doug W.Gardner
Haditha Dam, 3/25
Unit 72110
FPO AE 09509-2110

You can continue to email him at:

dgls_gardner@yahoo.com but now I would also cc: him at
gardnerdw@gcemnf-wiraq.usmc.mil

If you sent anything in the past week, I do hope it will get to him. It will probably depend on how observant your postal carrier is and whether they notice it should be an FPO. It may take a few extra days.

He has made it safely to his new location at the Dam and although communication is not as great, he still will be able to make his weekly Sunday calls on government line! Needless to say, that makes me happy. He emailed me on Wednesday and apparently there is usually a 2 hour wait to use the internet and it is slow and not overly reliable. He is doing well despite the new cast that goes up to the middle of his upper arm. The doc says he'll have the full arm cast for another 2-3 weeks and then maybe switch it out for one that comes to his elbow. The upside to the Dam is that is about 10-15 degrees cooler there than Hit - making it a pleasant 100-105 degrees. And I thought it was getting hot here.