Thursday, July 07, 2005

No News on the Nugget Front

Had my weekly doc appointment today and Nugget seems fairly content. Since I am now at 36 weeks, the doc feels comfortable taking me off of my "don't come today" meds and I can officially run (i.e. shuffle), swim, etc again and Nugget is free to come whenever. Although I am still having contractions, they are not strong enough where I can't talk through them. I was told that once they are 5 minutes apart for an hour and I have to stop what I am doing to get through them or my water breaks, then it is time to come in.

At 34 weeks when I went into preterm labor, they guessed Nugget to be 5.5-6 lbs. So now that I am at 36, he should be around 6.5-7. The way I figure it, at 40 weeks that makes him 8-9 lbs. Lasting till 42 weeks and having him over 9 lbs ain't sounding so good. I vote that next week would be good for me - I like 7 lb babies. Unfortunately, that timing is not good for my sister, Lisa, who is relying on my mom as well. Lisa had a c-section 3 weeks ago and can't lift her 19 month old twins until the first of August - thus mom has been living with her for the past three weeks. I think we may have to have 2 hours shifts with mom or something because I can't make it until August. Also my doc reminded me today that she is on vacation the week of July 17th and comes back the 26th and leaves again August 3rd. That leaves anytime between now and the 16th or anytime between July 27 and August 2nd.

Next Saturday works for me.